Effective Date: October 20, 2020
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information about you, depending on how you interact with the website. This information may include:
• Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a contact form.
• Unique identifiers and preference information such as marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
• Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our website. These technologies include the following:
• As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
• We also use local storage such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local storage.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our website does not respond to web browser “Do No Track” signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
• Improve the content on our website
• Provide personalized website content based on your preferences
• Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests and applications and/or send important notices
• Market products and services
• Conduct surveys and research. If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
• Further develop our products and services to improve our business
How We Share Personal Information Collected
• We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as marketing communications and web analytics. These companies are required to protect the information and may only use and disclose it for the purposes we allow.
• As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, or otherwise carry out our legal responsibilities
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
• If WRS is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets
• To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the website’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact our Privacy Office at [insert email address] or the address listed below.
Content from Other Companies
You may also write to us at:
112 S. Main Street, Ste. A
Ann Arbor, MI 48104